The Old Fahioned belongs to traditional cocktails which was developed already in 19th century. It has several mutations, but most common and historically traditional version is based on Whisky. But Old Fashioned is not only for Whisky lovers.
How to prepare the cocktail?
- Put two pieces of orange, two spoons of brown sugar into whisky (old fashioned) glass.
- Pour 1 once of bitter aperitive and muddle it together with orange and sugar.
- Fill the glass with ice rocks and pour 6 – 8 ounces of Whisky.
- Stir the whole cocktails in the glass with cocktail spoon, so the sugar will melt a bit.
- Use slice of orange as a garnish.